Wednesday 4 July 2012

NEW ALBUM ARTWORK : rita ora - ora

Oh, for goodness sake! I want to like Rita Ora so badly - like I actually find myself putting on 'R.I.P.' or 'How We Do', just to get a few iTunes play counts even though I don't particularly want to listen to either song -  but why is her team making it so difficult! When other blogs or music news sources have compared her to Rihanna, I've always taken it as sloppy journalism and chalked it up to nothing more then that. But, taking her newly released album cover into consideration, all I can think about is..."HI RIRI - CAN'T WAIT FOR YOUR LATEST SMASH!".


This album artwork is ridiculous because:

1. The fact her 90's-pop-band-in-"Top of the Pops" magazine facial expression is producing more feelings of annoyance than joy.
2. The awkward "weathered" look around the edges.
3. The fact the album is called 'Ora'...and her surname is Ora..it looks like the designer forgot to completely delete an initial typography tryout for her name, so now we have two "Ora"s floating around.
4. The fact my eyes were drawn to her watch too quickly, this screams "Rita loves her new Rolex. You will too."
5. THE FACT THIS IS A MASH-UP OF ABOUT 3 DIFFERENT RIHANNA ALBUM COVERS! NOTE TO ROC NATION - TRY HARDER PLEASE!!

Phew. Glad I got that off my chest. Fingers crossed the music is delicious and delightful to the extreme!

No comments:

Post a Comment